2008-11-01

Day at Sea 7 on NORWEGIAN DREAM (English Version)

 border=0

Before 4 am following was made out of the loudspeakers:

Deck ThreeZone Three
Cabin 3109
Code Bravo

Deck Three
Zone Three
Cabin 3109
Code Bravo

Somehow it was the first time I felt in deep sleep and I was trying to find out if the announcement was part of my dream or reality.

When Denny announced at 4.30 am in the aisle that everything was under control, I knew, it was no dream and I need to have a look around.

O.K. None used the chance to smoke in the stateroom full of oxygen bottles and let the NORWEGIAN DREAM disappear on this way... We were not anymore in the Bermuda Triangle and the insurance would have paid without suspect...

I met some of our roll-call-friends in the stairway who told me that they had the smell of braised palstic even in their staterooms and that they could not stay there. They went upstairs to Sports Bar to have coffee.



One guest moved around in her bath rope.



The crew which need to have some sleep had to wait in the stairways. Here they had their big party - that's why nothing was prepared for breakfast so far...



Der doors to the open promenade deck were open to ventilate the ship and the smell could disappear.



Some had not the heart to return to their staterooms and stayed close to the reception desk due to safety reason.



I went back to bed and slept and the world looked better when we had breakfast the next morning...



Finally I could find something on Day 7 that the ship was to leave the fleet: this lamp!!!



It's a pity: subject I was not allowed to have breakfast in "The Terraces" anymore, I would have missed the cold cut...



And they still decanting the yoghurt.



For the fresh squeezed orange juice I need to pay extra while I was wondering that it was not offered in the "Four Seasons". But I was only there on day of debarkation for breakfast which has a slightly different menu.



Finally I could have a watch through the galley to the "Four Seasons"...



My very last time Salmon Egg Benedicts...



We met again the couple which sit next to us when had our "Best-of-NCL-Menü".

They told us that she had every night their dinner there and they experienced some improvements since our visit. They thought that the quality and flavour of the olive oil became better and they also got now a tasty Aceto Balsamico. We felt sorry that we did not experience it ouselves. Later we tell I Gede about their discoveries and he told us that indeed a new jerrycan of olive oil was purchased in Bermuda and another can of Aceto Balsamico. It was glad to hear that with our help some improvement could be made for other cruises.

For MathiasK I wanted to take some pictures with my tripod of his requested picture but unfortunately the Yoga-lesson took their session there.



Before the disembarkation information was given, David presented again the Cruise Rewards. He also mentioned a hand full of preferred travel agencies which can offer sometimes better than NCL can do itself. And you can still use the cruise rewards. One of them is my TA cruisebrothers.com.

But he also mentioned the F3-ships because they were not cancelled officially...

When he told that next year NORWEGIAN SPIRIT will take over the routes but will call Dockyard you can here some murmurs. Not everybody liked the idea.

Then Denny came with his disembarkation information. It's very rare to have such an entertaining way to receive the information. But he announced that we as Non-US-Citizen should be in the Observation Lounge at 7 am for immigration but the letter said 7.15 am. Only those US-Citizens who bought more than 800 USD need also to see the USCBP-agents. By the way he was telling what happened tonight: some plastic cups which were stored in an electrical locker started to braise.



We were waiting for the raffle of the 7-night-Caribbean-Cruise. We got 35 tickets from other games. They still offered Bingo and with the last round we could get another 30 tickets. For 15 USD we played the very first time Bingo.



Unfortunately the vendor forgot to put our tickets into the box. As replacement we got a second Bingo-Ticket and so Bruno and me tried it with own tickets the first time Bingo.

I was missing two numbers when somebody behind me called "Bingo"...

So my next vacation and retirement plans stayed unchanged...



Finally we found the missed "electronic display" of our location and nautic information:





As last night we did not have our chocolate night in our stateroom we gave away our Belgian Chocolate to Kalina, which attracked the attention of other guests who asked where to buy the boxes.

On the next cruise we will open a stand for chocolate and cover our onboard expenses...



She offered the guest one piece of chocolate and we had not barely turned around and the protection fight started...



But she deserved them because she always tried to make us laughing... She shared with all nice collegues who came around...



Before someone called FDA: that was left from Halloween and made of plastic...

We went to lunch:

Our nice older waiter told a lot of the old NCL-ships. He named more ...WARD-ships than NORWEGIAN...

I was so fascinated about his stories that I completely forgot to take pictures of my Empenadas although I had them twice: as starter and as desert.







It was interesting to observe the Assistant Maître D':

We discovered three types:

Type 1: very guest- and collegueoriented: they tackled a problem when they see something, always had a friendly word for their guests and gave them a lot of their attention.

Type 2: present: always smiling and seeing in the eyes of their guests. But somehow only present and no more...

Type 3: CCTV in Wal-Mart: A type which I never had before: walking through the restaurant like a stork on a field of lettuce. Leaning against the handrail and watching over the heads but never in the eyes. Even only one foot away from a guest: the guest was not seen. Close by talks became silent and if something needed only delegation but never own moves.

Somehow it was fun to observe them.

Maurizio's service today was limited to prepare the table for the next guests but when he saw us he came to us to shake hands. When we went to Aldina to show paiagirl's (Frances) picture we also show the old pictures from last year in Le Bistro. That made him very exciting.

Still searching for the cutlines of the ship:

First I thought the washrooms could be sign: ALLIA is a French brand. The other washroom was equipped by the German branded KERAMAG but with sanitary ceramics from ALLIA...



But on the ceiling we found it: right old and left new.



Because of the air condition Bruno felt bad and he need to lay down...

So I went alone to the Crew Show, which I could not enjoy and therefore there were only few pictures.





I was sitting far in the rear but next to me 8-12 "Cookie Monsters" (Sesame Street). Their only problem: where to get the next cookies.

Later they left and I could started to enjoy the next presentations:





And that was the last presentation...

You can fight about taste...

All others in the lounge liked it...

But I was unable to enjoy it...



The gag was that someone took water in his/her mouth and had to hit someone else like an old Roman-Greek water monument.

It was not my world...





Someone choked on the water...







After a nap we went to the show which was two halfes from well-known artists...







He really juggled the table-tennis-balls out of his mouth...









At 9 pm we entered as the very last guests of the Le Bistro on NORWEGIAN DREAM.

Panos welcomed us as he had his dinner with Monique.

He saw my Bermuda pictures in the blog and asked me to copy him some pictures. I got him my external hard disk.



Here you still got unpacked butter.

It was to chilly for Bruno. Later we changed the seats.





Some he got more than me on Sunday (below): Everything must be consumed.





I took something which I already tested on Sunday.



From the wild mushroom soup in the bread we did not took anymore a picture. It was too hot to taste something. And I had the impression that the cream ran out. It did not taste like we know before. Some parts of branches should be with all wild mushrooms - or??? The neighbour table returned the soup and asked for replacement.



I indulged myself with a Surf & Turf. The neighbour table had 2/2 Lobstertails pp before they had another Canard à l'Orange.





It's sad that even a cookie was not left to garnish like we had it in last year:






Maribel took personally care of my cheese platter. There was more variety now comparing to then (below)... but too much...



We thanked our great team by tipping generously and some Swiss Chocolate...



It was a strong team:



We will meet Monica (left next to Assistant Maître D' Maribel) maybe in May 2009 on NORWEGIAN JADE.

The remained chocolate we allocated to our four Assistent Maître D' who gave us very special attention in the main restaurants: Ramona, Adina, I Gede und Isabelito. An additional tip was mandentory for us.

Denny, Panos, Julia and Karin got also some chocolate.

As well as our stateroom attendants Marcus and Elesas but also with an additional tip because we experience a great work.

We said farewell to Kalina and at the bar there was the pianist who surprised the day before in the outfit of Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and Pachebel's Canon and Gigue. But today she seemed to be sad.



I said already farewell to Ramona. As Bruno felt better now he did it now.

So I could become jealous. He should greet his parents whom she knew from NORWEGIAN JEWEL.



I went to Panos to collect my hard disk and asked him if he used the chance to copy all food pictures from all my cruises. He looked mortified - he would never do it... but me, I said.

He gave me his personal e-mail-address and when we will come next year with COSTA VICTORIA to Greece we should contact him. May there will be an occassion to meet. He read the blog an as Greek he was very impressed on the remarks about extra mile and marathon.

The very last time I went to bed.

Good Night.
HeinBloed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wer kommentiert, ist damit einverstanden, dass der Kommentar nach Moderation samt Google-Profil gespeichert und veröffentlicht wird.

Who comments agrees that the comment incl. Google-Profile will be stored and published after moderation.